Requests for InterLibrary Loan materials may be made in person at the Circulation Desk, or by phone, or through our on-line catalog.
When making a request, staff will need your name, telephone number or email address, and library card number to place the request. The Interlibrary loan staff will call or email when the item arrives, and the item may be picked up at the circulation desk.
To see what items are available from other libraries in the state, please visit the Kansas Library Catalog.
- What is Interlibrary Loan?Interlibrary loan is a service offered to Tonganoxie Public Library patrons who need books and magazine articles the library does not own.
- What types of materials may I borrow?
- Adult and children’s books, fiction and non-fiction.
- Books on Tape.
- Periodical articles.
- Census records and newspapers on microfilm.
- What MAY NOT be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan?
- Reference or non-circulating materials.
- Rare, unique, or valuable materials.
- Complete issues of periodicals.
- Books the Tonganoxie Public Library already has unless they are missing, lost, or 6 months overdue.
- How do I request materials?
- Materials may be requested either online or at the Circulation Desk.
- For articles you must provide a complete periodical title, article author and title, volume and issue number, date and pages needed.
- You must have a current Tonganoxie Public Library card in good standing.
- When requesting material online, make sure to check the Kansas Library Catalog to verify that the book is available for Interlibrary Loan.
- What is the cost of this service?There is no charge for interlibrary loan materials, either books or periodicals, as long as the request is able to be filled in-state.
- How long does it take to get material?Most requests are filled in one to two weeks. The availability of materials from the lending library can cause delays.
- How am I notified when the material arrives?You will be notified by phone or by email when your material arrives. We will be happy to leave a message on your machine.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Material is due depending on the lending library’s due date, typically two to three weeks from the date of contact. Periodical articles are photocopied and may be kept by the borrower.
Please return all Interlibrary Loan materials to the circulation desk.
- How do copyright regulations apply?Â Periodical article requests must comply with copyright regulations (Title 17 of the U.S. Code).