The Tonganoxie Public Library’s Adult Winter Reading kicks off February 1! This year, our theme is Savor a Good Book and we have a variety of programs tailored to your palate. The reading program will be a bit different this year. Here is how it works:
- Read (or listen to) any five books between February 1 and March 31, 2014. We have a wide variety of titles available that will appeal to all reading interests.
- List these five books on a Reading Log, which can be found at the library’s front desk, or online here.
- Return this completed Reading Log to the library to receive your newly redesigned library coffee mug filled with goodies. Coffee mugs are expected to be ready by March 1.
- Additionally, weekly drawings will be held beginning March 1 with completed Reading Log entries received at that time.
- On April 1, all received Reading Logs will be entered to win one of three grand prizes (two Barnes and Nobel Nooks and a $50 Amazon.com gift card are up for grabs). Reading Logs must be turned in by March 31, 2014 to be included in the grand prize drawings and to receive a library coffee mug. Need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by phone.
The schedule of tasty library events include the following:
Thursday, February 10 @ 10am: Cooking With Children
Join in a program and discussion about cooking ideas to get kids involved in the process. Cookbook lists, websites, and idea generation to make dinner time fun and engaging!
Monday, February 24 @ 6pm: Korean Food & Culture
After a 2 week study abroad opportunity in Seoul, South Korea, library director Kelly Fann has photos, foodstuffs, and cultural experiences to share!
Saturday, March 8 @ 2pm: Bread Tasting Part Deux
The popular event is back and better than ever! Come to the library to try several different types of breads with jams, jellies, butter and spreads. Coffee and tea will be served as well.
Sunday, March 23 @ 2pm: Recipe Exchange
Bring in your favorite recipes to share with your fellow Tonganoxians. If we get enough participation, the library will have a cookbook made with the recipes and individuals who provided a recipe will get a free copy.
Monday, March 31 @ 6pm: Just Desserts Potluck and Book Discussion
It’s the last day of Adult Winter Reading. Bring a dessert of your choice and share some of your favorite savory reads you read over the winter!