The VERY BEST Youth Services Position available!
Library Aid II/ Youth Services Librarian Employment Application
JOB DESCRIPTION: Full time position available for an energetic, team-oriented, tech-savvy Library Aid II/Youth Services Librarian. Candidate must have a strong public service commitment. Candidate works alongside the administrative staff to provides library service and programming to children and young adults. This position requires regular contact and collaboration with young children and teens with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Plans and Implements a full 9 week summer reading program in Summer 2016. Must be available to work closing shifts and weekends. Reports to the Circulation Supervisor and Library Director. 40 hours per week. Works alternating Saturdays & Sundays plus closes 2 nights per week.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Full Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, Life, Vacation, Sick & Retirement
- Provides direct assistance to patrons of all ages with basic information regarding use of library materials, equipment, and services.
- Works the circulation desk and provides cheerful customer service.
- Plans and conducts a variety of Youth and Family programs and activities to encourage the use of the library by young adults between the ages of 0 and 18, including but not limited to story times, craft programs, films, special events, reading groups, and school and community outreach.
- Selection and maintenance of children’s materials -budgeted monthly.
- May be asked to attend professional library conferences, workshops, webcasts, and seminars, read professional literature; attend and participates in staff meeting discussions.
- Publishes a monthly calendar of events and provides marketing information to admin staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Library Science preferred.
- Experience with young children (ages 0-11) and young adults (ages 12 to 18) required.
- Library work and program planning experience preferred.
- Ability to use KOHA integrated library system and program development preferred.
- Knowledge of recreational and educational needs of children and young adults.
- Ability to translate young adult needs and interests into effective library services and programs.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services for children and young adults and young adult literature and other materials for youth.
- Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, Internet and database search capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing; correspond often through email.
- Ability to use Micro Soft Office Suite, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Word Press preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry bags of books or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups.
- Must be able to drive a car and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekend shifts
- Must possess physical mobility involving bending, lifting, reading, and hearing.
Send: Application, cover letter, resume, and three professional work references to:
Tonganoxie Public Library
303 S. Bury
Tonganoxie, KS 66086