A photo scavenger hunt of interesting things in Tonganoxie. Pick up your guide at the library. Find the various sites somewhere in Tonganoxie. Return the completed guide with the locations identified to the library and have your name entered in a drawing for a prize.View full post
Come one, come all, to a Literacy Fair on May 7th from 5-7 pm at the Tonganoxie Elementary School! The Tonganoxie Public Library presents this event in partnership with: Literacy Kansas City, Parents As Teachers, The State Library of Kansas, Classical Conversations Home School Group, TES Reading Specialists, Lawrence Adult Education Center, Leavenworth County Infant & Toddler Services, Childcare Aware, PEO, and The Parent Teacher Club.View full post
Library Aid II Circulation Assistant Employment Application
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time vacancy available for an energetic, team-oriented, tech-savvy Library Aid II Circulation Assistant. Candidate must have a strong public service commitment. This position requires regular contact and collaboration with people of all ages with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Must be available to work closing shifts. Reports to the Circulation Supervisor. 16-20 hours per week. Some evenings and occasional weekends. Benefits include vacation, sick, & PTO!
• Provides direct assistance to patrons of all ages with basic information regarding use of library materials, equipment, and services.
• Uses computer to assist patrons with loans and returns of library items while providing cheerful customer service.
• Assists with collection maintenance as part of regular duties.
• May be asked to attend professional library conferences, workshops, webcasts, and seminars, read professional literature; attend and participates in staff meeting discussions.
• Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Library work experience preferred.
- Ability to use KOHA integrated library system preferred.
• Knowledge of current trends in library services for children and young adults and young adult literature and other materials for youth helpful.
• Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, Internet and database search capabilities.
• Communicate with others, orally and in writing; correspond often through email.
• Must be able to lift and carry bags of books or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups.
• Must be able to drive a car and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Must possess physical mobility involving bending, lifting, reading, and hearing.
Send: Application, cover letter, resume, and three professional work references to:
Tonganoxie Public Library
303 S. Bury
Tonganoxie, KS 66086