Part-Time Library Aid I Circulation Assistant-Temporary/Seasonal Employment Application
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time vacancy available for an energetic, team-oriented, tech-savvy Library Aid I Circulation Assistant. Candidate must have a strong public service commitment. This position requires regular contact and collaboration with people of all ages with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Must be available to work closing shifts. Reports to the Circulation Supervisor. 8-10 hours per week. Weekday evenings from 4pm-8pm and 1 weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday).
• Provides direct assistance to patrons of all ages with basic information regarding use of library materials, equipment, and services.
• Uses computer to assist patrons with loans and returns of library items while providing cheerful customer service.
• Assists with collection maintenance as part of regular duties.
• May be asked to attend professional library conferences, workshops, webcasts, and seminars, read professional literature; attend and participates in staff meeting discussions.
• Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. HS Students nearing graduation may be considered.
- Library work experience preferred.
- Ability to use KOHA integrated library system preferred.
• Knowledge of current trends in library services for children and young adults and young adult literature and other materials for youth helpful.
• Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, Internet and database search capabilities.
• Communicate with others, orally and in writing; correspond often through email.
• Must be able to lift and carry bags of books or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups.
• Must be able to drive a car and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Must possess physical mobility involving bending, lifting, reading, and hearing.
Send: Application, cover letter, resume, and three professional work references to:
Tonganoxie Public Library
303 S. Bury
Tonganoxie, KS 66086